THE BLUES TRAIN
What’s happening in April…
- The Blues Train is currently celebrating it’s 23rd Birthday!
- This month sees a great mix of Blues Train regulars and some amazing new talent join The Blues Train.
- Claude Hay, Brian Fraser, Sweet Felicia & The Honeytones and Jimi Hocking’s Blues Machine kick off another massive month on The Blues Train
- Blues Train regulars and crowd favourites Pugsley Buzzard, John McNamara, Jesse Valach and Blues Mountain, Sammy Owen Blues Band, The Piano Wizard and Wayne Jury are all appearing this month.
- Bill Barber, The New Savages, T.K. Reeve and Cameron Holmes & The Blues Dudes are all new acts to The Blues Train this year but are fast becoming favourites.
- There are still some tickets available for April shows on The Blues Train, but shows do sell out quickly, so if you want to jump on board in April move quickly.
- Go to www.thebluestrain.com.au for show dates, tickets and more info.
THE NEW SAVAGES
Appearing: Friday April 28th
New to The Blues Train in 2017 are Melbourne based duo The New Savages. Milian Milutinovic and Natahan Power have brought to The Blues Train their brand of Melbourne Hill Country Blues.
It’s a groovy, modern kind of blues, deeply influenced by the tradition of 1930s Mississippi Hill Country blues.
The New Savages had a busy 2016, recording and releasing their second EP “Down The River Blues” which debuted at #4 on the AMRAP’s regional charts.. “Down The River Blues” was also nominated for the best blues album by The Age & Music Victoria and hit top 25 on ABARAC’s Blues and Roots Airplay Chart.
They have kicked off 2017 with a run of Victorian dates for the “I’ve Lost My Little Girl Tour”. This has included spots at the recent Port Fairy Folk Festival, White Night Melbourne and will continue with headline shows across Australia. June will see the realease of their third EP.
Make sure you keep your eyes on this band !
Appearing: Friday April 28th & Saturday May 6th
One of the most exciting young artists in the thriving Victorian Blues music scene, Bill Barber joined The Blues Train for the first time in March 2017. At just 19 he is proving to be talented beyond his years, with a massive future.
In 2012, Bill won the Melbourne Blues Appreciation Society ‘Youth in Blues’ competition and as a result he was invited to perform festivals across Victoria.
A move to Bendigo (a hub for Victorian blues) at 16 saw Bill take enormous steps towards a career in music, appearing on local television and radio. Australian blues legends Geoff Achison and Lloyd Spiegel have both become mentors . Bill has also played support for numerous artists such as, Wolfmother, James Blundell, Shaun Kirk, Alex Legg, and Claude Hay among others.
In March 2016, Bill released his highly anticipated first album “Thanks for your consideration” along with his first Victorian tour. Around the same time Bill was given an endorsement with Cole Clark guitars, one of Australia’s leading instrument companies.
What sets Bill apart is his dedication to the Blues. While most young artists enter the Blues via the roots music movement, Bill’s passion is for Blues in its true form.
The Blues Train Announcer Night
Don’t forget Friday April 28th we are hosting a Blues Announcer night on The Blues Train.
Please contact Adrienne if you haven’t RSVP yet
Upcoming Blues Train Dates:
April: 1st, 9th, 22nd, 28th & 29th
May: 6th, 13th,20th, 26th & 27th
Go to the website for tickets,lineup & more info
THE BLUES TRAIN
In picturesque QIn picturesque Queenscliff, Victoria the legendary Blues Train has been rockin’ the rails since 1994 and is now celebrating its 23rd Birthday!
Combining a meal, four of Australia’s best blues acts and a train ride along the historic Bellarine Railway. The Blues Train is a one night mini festival and progressive party you will never forget.
Combining a meal, four of Australia’s best blues acts and a train ride along the istoric Bellarine Railway. The Blues Train is a one night mini festival and progrwww.thebluestrain.com.au