THE BLUES TRAIN
What’s happening in June…
- The colder months are now upon us and The Blues Train is taking a well earned winter break.
- The Blues Train is having it’s annual Winter break during June/July, but never fear The Blues Train will be hitting the tracks again for a brand new season 24 from Saturday August 5th.
- The 24th season is already looking really exciting with an awesome mix of Blues Train favourites and the introduction of some exciting new acts to The Blues Train.
- August has two exciting new acts performing on The Blues Tain for the first time, Alex Hahn & The Blue Riders and Hurricane Hearn, joining them in August will be Blues Train favourites, Cleveland Blues, Dan Dinnen, Matty T Wall, Ezra Lee, Wayne Jury, Sammy Owen Blues Band, Safari Motel, Miss Whisky, John McNamara, Sweet Felicia & The Honeytones with Eddie Boyle, Andrea Marr Band, Jimi Hockings Blues Machine and Bill Barber !
- Bill Barber, The New Savages, T.K. Reeve and Cameron Holmes & The Blues Dudes are all new acts to The Blues Train this year but are fast becoming favourites.
- If your planning a Christmas Party, we’ve got you covered.From the start of July our super popular December shows go on sale. Perfect Christmas party for any group from 2 – 200 !
- There are still tickets availible for August shows so head to www.thebluestrain.com.au for show dates, tickets and more info.
Alex Hahn &The Blue Riders
Appearing: Saturday August 5th & Saturday November 11th
“She prowls and purrs, like a big cat on heat. It’s Etta, Eartha and Tina rolled into one sizzling girl thang. The Hahn signature is incendiary and indelible.”– Australian Stage
Saturday August 5th, the first show of a brand-new season for The Blues Train, Alex Hahn & The Blue Riders will be bringing their high-energy show to The Blues Train for the very first time.
Alex Hahn an emerging soul star from Sydney’s thriving music scene, along with The Blue Riders have recently relocated to become fulltime Melbournians and we’re really excitied to have them join us on The Blues Train.
Since Alex produced her 2013 debut album The Wallflower- a tribute to Etta James Alex Hahn and The Blue Riders have been very busy. 2014 – 2016 saw an overseas tour of the album and numoreous headline spots at a variety of festivals both here and overseas, such as The San Jose Summer Jazz Festival, Guiness International Cork Jazz Festival, Callander Jazz & Blues Festival, Blues on Broadbeach, Wangaratta Jazz and Blues Festival and the International Women’s Jazz Festival.
The album was placed on the ” Highly Regarded” list for the much coveted Coopers Australia Music Prize. The album continued to recieve glowing reviews from audiences and critics alike.
2014 saw Alex nominated for the NSW Emerging Creative Talent Awards and awarded an Honourable Mention in the Unsigned Only Competition in Nashville, Tennessee for her performance on the track “I’d Rather Go Blind”.
As well as her work with The Blue Riders, Alex has lent her voice to numerous short films, TV commercials as well as providing her vocals for DreamWorks Acer Arena Spectacular, How To train Your Dragon.
Make sure you catch Alex Hahn & The Blue Riders on The Blues Train August and Novmeber.
Appearing: Saturday 12th August, 26th August, 9th September, 7th October
If you haven’t yet caught Ezra Lee’s brand of rockin’ blues, boogie and honky tonk, well it’s time you jumped on board The Blues Train to catch one of Ezra’s shows.
Ezra Lee started performing at 14 years old in the pub band Johnny Green’s Cowboys in NSW.
In 2009, Ezra recorded his debut album, Can’t Stop A Freight Train with Preston Records. In 2010 Ezra spent a year on the road performing with Aussie music ledgends James Blundell, Doug Parkinson, Nick Barker and Dave Larkin in a musical stage play about Sun Records Called The Ultimate Rock n Roll Jam Session, the show sold out two months at The Sydney Opera House. 2011 Ezra supported 1950’s piano rocker Jerry Lee Lewis in Las Vegas.
In 2012 Ezra signed with German record lable Rhythm Bomb Records, and has since recorded 5 albums with the lable. That year he also performed with Linda Gail Lewis and Wanda Jackson on their Australian tours.
Ezra relocated to Melbourne in 2014 and has been performing regular shows on The Blues Train with both his band and solo. In Febuary this year Ezra recorded a Jerry Lee Lewis tribute album which is set to be released soon. It features duets with Melbourne rockabilly singer Scotty Baker, Carlos Bandido UK (Savage Hornets) and Las Vegas tribute artist Lance Lipinski.
Next month Ezra will be heading back into the studio to record an orginal blues album. Also during June Ezra Lee will be headlining this years Cairns Blues Festival and The Black Mountain Festival, Cooktown, Far North Queensland
Are we missing someone or do ?
Do you know a Blues Radio Announcer? Or a radio announcer who loves to talk Blues ?
Put them in touch with Adrienne so we can make sure they are getting all our updates and our new promotional CD that will be heading your way in the next few weeks.
If you’d like to hear more about The Blues Train’s upcoming 24th season or any of the acts coming up on The Blues Train, Hugo T Armstrong is availible for interviews, please contact Adrienne to schedual .
Upcoming Blues Train Dates:
Saturday August 5th:
Cleveland Blues, Dan Dinnen, Matty T Wall, Alex Hahn & THe Blue Riders
Saturday August 12th:
Ezra Lee, Wayne Jury, Sammy Owen Blues Band, Safari Motel
Friday 18th August:
Wayne Jury & Iseula Hingano, Sweet Felica & The Honeytones with Eddie Boyle, Sammy Owen Blues Band
Saturday 19th August:
Wayne Jury & Iseula Hingano, John McNamara, Andrea Marr Band, Hurricane Hearn
Saturday 26th August:
Miss Whiskey, Bill Barber, Ezra Lee, Jimi Hockings Blues Machine
Go to the website for tickets,lineup & more info
THE BLUES TRAIN
In Picturesque Queenscliff, Victoria the legendary Blues Train has been rockin’ the rails since 1994 and is now celebrating its 23rd Birthday!
Combining a meal, four of Australia’s best blues acts and a train ride along the historic Bellarine Railway. The Blues Train is a one night mini festival and progressive party you will never forget.