THE BLUES TRAIN
What’s happening in May…
- This May The Blues Train has an awesome mix of Blues Train regualrs and favourites to round out the current season
- Jimi Hocking’s Blues Machine, Safari Motel, The Matt Borg Trio, Wayne Jury, Brian Fraser, Sammy Owen Blues Band, Alister Turril, Andrea Marr Band, Pugsley Buzzard, George Kamikawa, Cammeron Homles & The Blues Dudes and The Piano Wizard make May another massive month as the current season draws to a close .
- 2016 MBAS Blues Challenge Finalists, Travis Winters Band make their Blues Train debut, which will make for an exciting new addition to The Blues Train line up.
- The Blues Train will take break a break during June and July and go into winter hibernation in preperation for an all new season.
- Saturday August 5th will see the return of The Blues Train and the start of the brand new season. We will introduce plenty of new and exciting acts to The Blues Train as well as welcoming back some old favourites. For details head over to our website www.thebluestrain.com.au
- May shows are currently sold out, but tickets for our new season starting Saturday August 5th are now on sale, but remember tickets do sell quickly. Go to www.thebluestrain.com.au for show dates, tickets and more info.
Cameron Holmes & The Blues Dudes
Appearing: Friday May 26th
Cameron Holmes & The Blues Dudes have been an exciting new addition to The Blues Train. They have been sucsessfully rocking Carriage D with their own distinct sound. As they like to call it Blues – Melbourne Style. Cameron Holmes & The Blues Dudes is a five piece orginal blues outfit led by singer-songwriter-guitarist Cameron Holmes, accompanied by the talent of drummer Cale Burke, Bassist Sam Kent, Hornes Sammy ElMariachi and harmonica player John Hunter.
Cameron Holmes & THe Blues Dudes have a distinctive “blues with a Melbourne twist” sound. The power of their songs and stage presence have won growing populartiy and return bookings around Melbourne and regional Victoria as well as a magnificent reception at 2016 Echuca Moama Winter Blues Festival.
Cameron Holmes has had a long musical career so far. Having formed suscessful bands One Bad Day and Present Day Theory.
Travis Winters Band
Appearing: Saturday May 27th
Join The Blues Train for the first time this May is 2016 MBAS Blues Challenge Finalists, Travis Winters Band.
Founded in late 2015 by Travis Winters initially with Craig Kelly on bass and Les Oldman on drums. In Spring 2016 the band began an eight week residency at The Water Rat in South Melbourne. Some back-fillinf for Les due to prior commitments introduced Ben Lindsay to the band and the current incarnation of the trio has taken shape.
The greasy, naturally funky grooves of this great rhythm section, coupled with some spicy, succulent and flavoursome guitar shenanigans makes the Travis Winters Band a unique sounding blues trio.
Travis is entertianing, fun and a very confident front-man who brings a playfulness to the blues stage. Anyway, who said blues has to be so damn serious ???
The Blues Train Announcer Night
Thanks to the guy’s that came on The Blues Train on Friday 28th April, it was great to put some faces to names/voices. I hope you had a great time and got a better understanding of The Blues Train and it’s artisits. We would love to see more of our Blues Announcers on board The Blues Train as our guests. Contact Adrienne to schedual a night that suits you,
THE BLUES TRAIN
In picture May Dates: Saturday 6th May, Saturday May 13th, Saturday May 20th, Friday May 26th, Saturday May 27th
Winter Break June & July
August Dates: Saturday 5th August, Saturday 12th August, Friday 18th August, Saturday 19th August, Saturday 26th August
Combining a meal, four of Australia’s best blues acts and a train ride along the istoric Bellarine Railway. The Blues Train is a rwww.thebluestrain.com.au